Monday, May 28, 2012

08 THE GRAVE ROBBER


THE GRAVE ROBBER 

As the smoke settles
(thick mix of cheap cigar
And strong Asian blend of
Spices compressed
In a single scented vine
Of incense)
I can see the page
Where my words supposedly come to life,
And jump out towards me
Like arrows
Flying through the smoke
Scraping my head,
Making me realize just how
Dull they really are.
I tried to jumpstart them,
I tried to breath life in their
Dead and dry lungs, but
These words are long gone
And now meaningless.
Useless.
So why do I keep writing?
Why do I force myself to
Dig out the corpses laying
In the graveyard in the back of my mind?
Maybe because somewhere inside of me
I can’t really bring myself to stop.
Maybe these zombies moaning and
Wobbling their way through these
White pages, spreading their black blood
Everywhere are just as alive
As any other creature that
Walks the earth.
Maybe the fact that I write them
Is enough to give them meaning.
Maybe this. Maybe that.
Maybe I’m just full of shit and complain too much.
Maybe I should just stop writing.
Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment