Saturday, July 28, 2012

27 KYLE'S APARTMENT

So two days ago (sorry I had a lot of work and personal stuff to tend to, to update) I asked my landlady if she had seen Kyle in a while. She seemed very confused, so I clarified by asking her about the tenant next door to mine. She seemed even more confused. Then she told me the last tenant moved out 4 months ago and she has had a hard time finding someone to move in. I, Zeke, the cynic, the bastard, called her out on this bullshit prank.


She seemed a bit offended, as she took her keys and walked with me to the apartment next door. She opened it and what I saw tied a knot in my stomach so harshly I almost threw up: NOTHING. 


Not a goddamn thing...


No furniture, no boxes, no Kyle. NO KYLE.


She asked me if everything was alright, as she obviously noticed I was perturbed. I lied. I went back home, and looked for all the papers Hannah's brother got for me regarding Kyle. 


I choked as I realized they were all blank.


I sat on my bed thinking all night.


I am sick. 


As I was sitting there I realized something. The world that surrounds us is our reality. In that moment when someone disproves your reality, your universe implodes within itself. I don't know what to do. Maybe this is what depressed people feel every day. Poor bastards.


My obsession with Kyle has been simply that: an obsession. Something crazy people do. Am I crazy?


I haven't talked to Hannah in two days. Maybe I need to. But I am scared. What's happening?



2 comments:

  1. I don't think you're crazy. I mean, Kyle at least -did- exist at some point. And this PLAGUE guy is bothering you, so.. Maybe it's something else? Maybe Afraid at Home wasn't just ramblings of an insane man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going over to Hannah's today finally to talk about it.

      Delete